— Kenan كنان (@KenanRahmani) August 22, 2016
And speaking of terror threats:
Remember now, it is said Mitt Romney’s “47%” sank the election for the 2012 GOP candidate.
However, Hillary’s self-profiting 55%, well … Not the droids you’re looking for, so, STFU and move along. Nothing to see here…
(AP) – More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money – either personally or through companies or groups – to the Clinton Foundation. It’s an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president.
At least 85 of 154 people from private interests who met or had phone conversations scheduled with Clinton while she led the State Department donated to her family charity or pledged commitments to its international programs, according to a review of State Department calendars released so far to The Associated Press. Combined, the 85 donors contributed as much as $156 million. At least 40 donated more than $100,000 each, and 20 gave more than $1 million.
Donors who were granted time with Clinton included an internationally known economist who asked for her help as the Bangladesh government pressured him to resign from a nonprofit bank he ran; a Wall Street executive who sought Clinton’s help with a visa problem and Estee Lauder executives who were listed as meeting with Clinton while her department worked with the firm’s corporate charity to counter gender-based violence in South Africa.
The meetings between the Democratic presidential nominee and foundation donors do not appear to violate legal agreements Clinton and former president Bill Clinton signed before she joined the State Department in 2009. But the frequency of the overlaps shows the intermingling of access and donations, and fuels perceptions that giving the foundation money was a price of admission for face time with Clinton. Her calendars and emails released as recently as this week describe scores of contacts she and her top aides had with foundation donors.
The 154 did not include U.S. federal employees or foreign government representatives. Clinton met with representatives of at least 16 foreign governments that donated as much as $170 million to the Clinton charity, but they were not included in AP’s calculations because such meetings would presumably have been part of her diplomatic duties.
Last week, the Clinton Foundation moved to head off ethics concerns about future donations by announcing changes planned if Clinton is elected.
On Monday, Bill Clinton said in a statement that if his wife were to win, he would step down from the foundation’s board and stop all fundraising for it. The foundation would also accept donations only from U.S. citizens and what it described as independent philanthropies, while no longer taking gifts from foreign groups, U.S. companies or corporate charities. Clinton said the foundation would no longer hold annual meetings of its international aid program, the Clinton Global Initiative, and it would spin off its foreign-based programs to other charities.
Those planned changes would not affect more than 6,000 donors who have already provided the Clinton charity with more than $2 billion in funding since its creation in 2000.
Judge Orders Immediate Review of 14,900 Hillary Clinton Emails: Federal request says review must be complete by Sept. 22 and comes as new correspondence shows Clinton Foundation sought access to State Department on donors’ behalf
@ABC Traveled to Turkey, tried to enter Syria. Attempted to decapitate man & woman while yelling Allahu akbar! Motive? Whadda you think?
— nancy cox (@NeerSayNever) August 23, 2016
But, you know, we can’t say for sure … Allahu akbar! … what his motive was … Allahu akbar! … so, don’t you dare draw any straight-line conclusions … Allahu akbar! … you filthy, racist, bigoted, hater Islamophobes…
(FOX News) – Federal authorities are investigating a weekend stabbing in Virginia to see whether the attacker may have been trying to behead a victim and whether the attack was inspired by the Islamic State terror group.
Wasil Farooqui, 20, was charged with two counts of aggravated malicious wounding in the stabbing attack Saturday that left two people wounded.
The FBI confirmed to Fox News it is investigating the dual stabbing alongside the Roanoke County Police Department. A source familiar with the case also told Fox News the FBI is investigating the attack as a possible terrorism-related incident.
“The FBI is working with the Roanoke County Police Department following the incident that occurred on Saturday evening,” said Adam Lee, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Richmond Division.
“While I cannot discuss details of the investigation at this time, I do want to reassure the community that we are working to determine the nature of the incident,” Lee said.
According to ABC News, Farooqui had traveled to Turkey in the last year and may have tried to sneak into Syria to meet with ISIS militants.
Farooqui allegedly attacked a man and woman at an apartment complex in Roanoke, according to WDBJ-7. Both victims were seriously injured in the attack. Witnesses told authorities that Farooqi was yelling “Allah Akbar.”
Authorities believe that Farooqui may have been trying to behead the male victim, according to ABC News. Investigators said that there was no connection between Farooqui and the victims.
We have gone from “If you like your plan you can keep your plan…” to “No plan for you!”…
Avalere, a health care consulting firm, compared the health insurance carriers that offered Obamacare coverage in 2016 to the carriers who have announced their intention to exit the exchanges in 2017, such as Aetna, Humana, UnitedHealthcare, and some co-ops.
The experts projected that 36 percent of exchange market rating regions in the United States in 2017 will have just one health insurance carrier, and 55 percent of regions will have two or fewer carriers. This is a significant increase from 2016, when only 4 percent of regions had one or fewer health insurance carriers and 33 percent of regions had two or fewer insurers.
Seven states—Alaska, Alabama, Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Wyoming—will have only one health insurance carrier per rating region in 2017.
Experts at Avalere said there may be some sub-regional counties where no plans are offered in 2017. No insurer plans to sell coverage in Pinal Country, Arizona next year, according to a report from theHill.
“Depending on where consumers live, their choice of insurance plans may decrease for 2017,” said Elizabeth Carpenter, senior vice president at Avalere. “Some exchange enrollees may need to choose another insurance plan in order to maintain coverage.”
Large health insurers have announced they are exiting the marketplaces because of unsustainable financial losses.
Salena Zito @ The Pittsburgh Tribune tries to put it into words and context for the political and media elites who are scratching their heads…
If you drive anywhere in Pennsylvania, from the turnpike to the old U.S. routes to the dirt roads connecting small towns like Hooversville with “bigger” small towns like Somerset, you might conclude that Donald Trump is ahead in this state by double digits.
Large signs, small signs, homemade signs, signs that wrap around barns, signs that go from one end of a fence to another, all dot the landscape with such frequency that, if you were playing the old-fashioned road-trip game of counting cows, you would hit 100 in just one small town like this one.
In Ruffsdale, I am pretty sure I saw more than 100 Trump signs.
It’s as if people here have not turned on the television to hear pundits drone on and on about how badly Trump is losing in Pennsylvania.
It’s not just visual: In interview after interview in all corners of the state, I’ve found that Trump’s support across the ideological spectrum remains strong. Democrats, Republicans, independents, people who have not voted in presidential elections for years — they have not wavered in their support.
Two components of these voters’ answers and profiles remain consistent: They are middle-class, and they do not live in a big city. They are suburban to rural and are not poor — an element I found fascinating, until a Gallup survey last week confirmed that what I’ve gathered in interviews is more than just freakishly anecdotal.
The Gallup analysis, based on 87,000 interviews over the past year, shows that while economic anxiety and Trump’s appeal are intertwined, his supporters for the most part do not make less than average Americans (not those in New York City or Washington, perhaps, but their Main Street peers) and are less likely to be unemployed.
The study backs up what many of my interviews across the state found — that these people are more concerned about their children and grandchildren.
While Trump supporters here are overwhelmingly white, their support has little to do with race (yes, you’ll always find one or two who make race the issue) but has a lot to do with a perceived loss of power.
Not power in the way that Washington or Wall Street board rooms view power, but power in the sense that these people see a diminishing respect for them and their ways of life, their work ethic, their tendency to not be mobile (many live in the same eight square miles that their father’s father’s father lived in).
Thirty years ago, such people determined the country’s standards in entertainment, music, food, clothing, politics, personal values. Today, they are the people who are accused of creating every social injustice imaginable; when anything in society fails, they get blamed.
The places where they live lack economic opportunities for the next generation; they know their children and grandchildren will never experience the comfortable situations they had growing up — surrounded by family who lived next door, able to find a great job without going to college, both common traits among many successful small-business owners in the state.
These Trump supporters are not the kind you find on Twitter saying dumb or racist things; many of them don’t have the time or the patience to engage in social media because they are too busy working and living life in real time.
The American people, of many races and incomes, are sick and tired of being taken for granted, and abused, by the establishment media and politicians. We have not felt secure or represented in Washington DC for years. We are sick and tired of being brow-beaten about every single thing those entities insist we have been/are guilty of, and we are not. And these last 8 years being bullied into worrying about junk science/politics/sociology and everyone else around the world while we are expected to take a backseat to them all.
Yes, we demand our power back.
By the way, I just returned from a week-long vacation in North Carolina. We saw Trump signs the whole way down and then up.
And it is damn well about time a republican candidate said this to the black democrat population in this country: Trump to African-American Voters: What Have You Gotten for Supporting Democrats?
Again the liberal media had a shit-pants reaction to his audacity … remember when that word and practice was so fucking fantastic in 2008? I seriously hope Trump goes to Chicago and expands on this because they really are beyond disappointed and fed-up with the democrats there. I believe he would be well received. It’s time a GOP candidate do this. And it should be less of a rally and far more a townhall.
— CNN (@CNN) August 19, 2016
Nothing drives liberals more nutty than when a Republican actually begins to build bridges to minority voters.
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) August 20, 2016
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) August 23, 2016
I prefer it when Hillary changes her accent when speaking at black churches. https://t.co/WaNxtnVrIN
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) August 20, 2016
“Al seems really worked up over Lochte’s “lies,” doesn’t he? Has Al spent one second on the Today Show listing out all the people Hillary Clinton lied to about her email scam?”
The swimmer is paying a far bigger and severe penalty for his ‘lie’ in order to protect Brazil’s/Rio’s and the IOC’s reputations than Hillary Clinton has been or will be paying for her lies about lies about lies at this nation’s expense and security, in more ways than one…
Larry O’Connor @ HotAir reports:
It’s become conventional wisdom from network anchors trying to paint a rosy picture on a troubled Olympics to journalists who embrace the narrative of “ugly Americans” taking advantage of the downtrodden, third world Brazilians.
There’s only one problem with this narrative: It appears it’s completely false.
USA Today has done a thorough and extensive investigation of the security videos from the gas station in question and they’ve done something Matt Lauer and Bob Costas sure haven’t done. They interviewed the actual witnesses who were there the night of the incident. Their report today paints a very different picture of the media narrative Americans have been fed since Friday morning:
But a narrative of the night’s events – constructed by USA TODAY Sports from witness statements, official investigations, surveillance videos and media reports – supports Lochte’s later account in which he said he thought the swimmers were being robbed when they were approached at a gas station by armed men who flashed badges, pointed guns at them and demanded money.
Where I come from (Detroit) when someone points a weapon at you and will not let you leave until you give them money, it’s called “armed robbery.” Yes, even in Detroit. Now maybe the standard for “armed robbery” is different in Brazil. You know, like the standard for “handling classified materials in a negligent way” has a shifting standard depending on whether you’re running for president and whether the Attorney General is a member of your political party.
But, armed robbery should be one of those crimes that transcends language and culture.
USA Today’s analysis picks up on some important factors that need to be pointed out:
An extensive review of surveillance footage by a USA TODAY Sports videographer who also visited the gas station supports swimmer Gunnar Bentz’s claim that he did not see anyone vandalize the restroom, an allegation that in particular heightened media portrayals of the four as obnoxious Americans behaving recklessly in a foreign country. Meanwhile, Rio authorities have declined to identify the guards or offer any details beyond confirming they are members of law enforcement who were working a private security detail.
Marinate in that for a moment, will you?
A videographer who visited the actual bathroom in question and analyzed all of the video footage says there is no evidence (on video or in person) that supports the claim that the bathroom was vandalized by the swimmers. One of the swimmers (Bentz) has gone on record saying he didn’t see any of the swimmers vandalize the bathroom. The security guards who are also law enforcement have not been brought forward to be interviewed by reporters. In fact, we’ve never even seen their faces.
We’ve seen these swimmers’ faces plastered on our TVs and across the Internet for a week now and the thugs who held them at gunpoint and robbed them remain anonymous. We are told to just trust the word of the Rio Police Department on this one. After all, is there a more just and honest entity on the planet earth than a Brazilian police force and a local, Brazilian judge trying to save face in light of an embarrassing armed robbery during the Olympic games? I mean, why would they lie?
Read the entire HotAir article. It’s really quite stunning how the MSM has not only buried the facts, again, but have dragged Lochte and the other US swimmers through the mud. But what do you expect from NBC/MSNBC after they painted such a glorious communist history of Russia in the previous Olympic winter games there…
CNN analyst says Lochte must now show "years and years of trust before we can trust him again." As if I had some interest in his character.
— Eddie Scarry (@eScarry) August 19, 2016
Hillary, on the other hand, they'll back all the way to the White House. https://t.co/NRr98ZzMiQ
— Instapundit.com (@instapundit) August 19, 2016
@eScarry Its not like hes running for president and deleted 33,000 emails or ignored safety concerns for Americans overseas!
— cathymv (@cathymv) August 19, 2016